Monday, January 22, 2007

Stuff

I liked the question last night at church about God's will for your life. How do you know? We'd love to just get an email from him - it'd be so much better than wondering. I wish it was easier to know. There was really only one person in our group who knew for sure God's will for her life. I think I'm on the right track now, but what about all those other decisions? Deciding your career and ministry is one thing, but what about when to buy a new car, house, have kids, get new underwear? Well, I have to admit I don't normally pray about buying new underwear.

It's nice to be in a community where you have friends to talk to and share with. I feel like that is just starting to happen for us. I realized last night that this weekend we saw at least 14 friends from Frwy outside of church. I'm still insecure about the status of my friendships with people but I am blessed to have that many new friends.

My back seems to be getting worse not better, no matter how much I rest it. Every once and a while I think I'm doing ok and then I bend down to get something and realize I am still not better. Yesterday I took some pain killers before brunch, and then by the time we got to church I was in an increasing amount of excruciating pain and realized I hadn't taken anything since 10:30am. Pernell rescued me with some Advil - thanks Pman! It helped but it reminded me how pain killers mask the pain, not heal. I'm very concerned about school. I've missed 2 days, and 2 conferences, and I think I may miss tomorrow too. So frustrating.

Rich had the funniest dream last night. It was quite involved but it ended with him being beheaded (he was in Japan and was a Samurai) and his beheaded head yelled "that doesn't make Jesus happy!" I love it. My fabulous husband convinced me to get a massage for my back today. Hope it helps.

And finally:

In the rest room, 3 guys were standing side-by-side using the urinals.
The 1st guy finished, zipped up and started washing and literally scrubbing his hands clear up to his elbows .he used about 20 paper towels before he finished. He turned to the other two men and commented, "I graduated from McMaster and they taught us to be sanitary."
The next guy finished, zipped up and quickly,wet the tips of his fingers, grabbed one paper towel and commented, "I graduated from Waterloo and they taught us to be environmentally conscious."
The last guy zipped up and as he was walking out the door said, "I graduated from the University of Toronto and they taught us not to pee on our hands."

4 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Hope your back feel better after the massage!!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Thanks I think it does feel a bit better!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Rachel Pede said...

Glad to hear it's feeling better...

good thing I'm a girl that goes to McMaster :)

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Im feeling the pain for ya - back pain sucks and you will always have it....mine is going on 16 years since my initial back accident.....got my fingers crossed for ya for a speedy recovery, trust me, move too soon, do too much too soon....you'll end up having to recoup longer

now if I could only follow that advice for myself I wouldn't be pushing this knee sprain so much.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home