Thursday, December 21, 2006

Babies and Puppies

Triplets are a lot of babies. I used to think it'd be fun to have that many at once. Not anymore. Yesterday I went over to Darren and Melissa's (Rich's work partner) and while the boys were working I took a shift helping out Melissa with the babies. By the time I got home at 6:30 I was exhausted. I have no idea how she does it. The kids are closing in on three months old and are so cute. They don't do a ton more than eat, sleep, poop, throw up, coo, and smile. You'd think that'd be no problem but no. They eat every 3 - 4 hours, but often you get done one and the next one is ready, and it's almost never ending, cause it can take quite a while to feed them. On top of that they have a three year old, Liam. At one point Melissa took Liam outside to burn off some energy and have some Mommy time. I looked around and realized I was alone with three babies! I survived. I wore clothes that could get baby throw up on them, and they did bless me with that, but one, James, didn't throw up on me. He threw up DOWN my shirt. So much fun.

Because of being out for so long yesterday Chewie was cooped up for quite a while. She was a bit crate crazy last night and flew around slamming into doors (it was amusing) while she ran. This morning I was lying in bed, Rich was at work, and she jumped up and curled up on the end of the bed. She waits until we are about to get up and we call her up to the head of the bed for some cuddling. So I pat by the pillow and call her up and she jumps on my hands. I pet her and then pet her paws and stopped. I felt something on her paws. Something not normally there. I don't have my glasses on or contacts in so my eyes are now an inch from her paws......candy canes.

I saw a whole one in the hall in it's wrapper so I thought ok it's no big deal she can't get the wrappers off it was probably a fluke one. Then I got downstairs. There were wrappers on the floor. Everywhere. Rich bought 24 candy canes, no one has eaten any yet, and I can only find 17. I called the vet and they said just keep an eye on her she may get the runs (great) and then to give her pepto bismal if she does. She just had a lot of pure sugar. Now she's buzzed. It's so much fun to have a buzzed 90lbs German shepherd. So I'm going to push the baking back further on the counter...she's got a sweet tooth now.

Hope everyone is having fun getting ready for Christmas!

1 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic story Jaci...Chewie must be a real treat! :)

On the other side of things...I can't wait to meet the babies. I hear so much about them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home