Monday, December 04, 2006

Snowtime

I love Christmas. On the other hand, I hate the cold. I don't mind the snow but unfortunately along with snow comes cold. I discovered Friday again that along with rain can come cold.

On the way to school I bought an umbrella at Union Station and went to class. It was my Music C&I (Curriculum and Instruction) class and we were performing for World AIDS Day. There are several buildings at U of T but I'm lucky enough all but one of my classes are in the same building. Every Tuesday and Friday I have to run from one to the other and they are a few blocks apart. Friday the whole class went to the second building to set up. It was painful. Big huge drops of frigid rain that were mostly soaking my jeans and all through my running shoes and socks. Then the brand new umbrella broke and I was just wet everywhere. So there we all were in cold, wet, yucky jeans, shoes, socks and everything else. I was pretty miserable and my jeans took a couple hours sitting in class to dry. So this is one of the many reasons I hate winter.

The tree is up and I love it. It is a Charlie Brown tree but how can you throw out the tree you've had your whole life? There is Christmas Music on radio stations and all the lights are going up everywhere. School is almost over (11 days, and 4 actual days of class and 3 days at a conference) and that makes me feel Christmasy.

Today the snow came and recalling my Friday experience I was not thrilled about it until I took Chewie out in it. We don't have a back fence so she has to be on the leash when we take her out but she ran around in circles sticking her nose into the snow and flipping her head up tossing it around, and eating it. She loves the snow. I had the brilliant idea to take her to a park.

There is a baseball diamond behind Winners on Hwy 8 that is mostly enclosed. We bundled up, grabbed the laser pointer and ball and off we went. We worked a bit on her heel, sit, stay, and turning while walking, and then got down to some play time. She ran and ran and ran. It's not often she has that kind of room to really let loose - it was so much fun to watch. We weren't out for too long but I must say I hate the snow and cold a bit less than I normally do and we're even looking forward to taking her out again.

So we're back home, more hot chocolate in hand, Chewie sleeping soundly after her snowy romp, watching a festive episode of the Family Guy.

21 sleeps till Christmas!

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Giggity giggity giggity!

What the duece?!?

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like even tho you had a few moments to really make you NOT like the winter, you found your faith back in a romp with puppie, ours as well loves to play in the snow but would never go OUT in the snow to do her "business" unless you clear an area so her precious little bottom doesn't touch the snow, now with my dad having her, it's the same thing, it's why we still call her the "princess"...

I am all decorated at home as well and we took a drive around last night with tonio to see all the lights..I too love christmas....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home