Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sick

We are sick. Rich is sicker than I am. He slept all day yesterday and all tonight. Its 6am and I emailed my profs to say I wasn't coming (I don't think they care but I used to skip so much in my undergrad I just need them to know I'm not skipping - makes me feel better and able to relax so I can get better). I have a cold and feel exhausted no matter how much I sleep, but I couldn't sleep almost at all last night. I was too worried about Rich I kept checking his breathing.

We had a trainer in last week and today to see Chewie. She's usually good but when company comes over and she's excited she does stupid things like jump up and nip. Both very bad things. She doesn't do it to us, just to new people (and Gary for some reason). We got a new collar that is so much more effective than anything we've used before. She's responding very quickly and very well. We learned some interesting things too - like the praise comes entirely from us looking her right in the eye, but when we give her a correction we don't make eye contact at all. This way the correction in her brain comes from the behaviour, and not us - we are just good. She loved the whole thing and learned super fast. We'll keep working with her but we need people to visit and get her all excited. Come visit just give us a 2 minute warning so we can get her leash on her! She's doing so well and we're much more confident after yesterday she will be a well trained dog if we keep working with her. We didn't do as much as we would have liked yesterday - Rich looked gray through the whole thing - but she'll be back next week to work with us more.

Back to bed.

6 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - hope you guys are feeling better soon. If there's anything we can do, let us know.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

Thanks Pernell! It's just a regular crappy sick. We're just going to stay in and sulk and get better but thank you.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Can I come over and get Chewie all riled up? We'll have a competition: Who's got more energy, Chewie or me. My money's on the dog.

Hope y'all are feeling better!!

 
At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaci, sorry to hear you and Rich are feeling so ill...cuddle and stay warm, sweat it out as much as you can...that's my suggestion....

:)

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you guys are feeling better. I've tagged you, please go and read my blog.

Moe
:)

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, BTW, I tagged you too..lol

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home