Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend Update

Busy weekend. I hung out with one of my favorite people, Deanna, in Toronto and got home later than normal. Friday night I honestly have no idea what we did. It seems like so long ago.

Saturday Rich and I went to Westdale to pick up a copy of Lincoln Alexander's biography and get it signed by him. He's a hero of Rich's so he was very excited. We then went to Burlington to do a bit of Christmas shopping and then back to Hamilton where Rich had volunteered to do a couple hours on the kettles. It gave me severe flashbacks as I grew up doing kettles...he had no idea what he was getting himself into. We ended up seeing the EMS Chief and Rich's old high school music teacher and many other interesting characters. It was fun till the sun went down and then it was just cold. I made up new words to most Christmas songs..."Oh where is Jen, oh where is Jen...my feet are so-oo frozen" (Oh Christmas Tree).

Saturday night was the fabulous Natasha's birthday party at Carolynn and Marshall's. We had tons of fun, got to know some people a bit better (Miranda rocks) and watched people make really funny comments. Some of the highlights of the evening were:
"She's hot!" "She's FOURTEEN!!!" "Oh."
"You know who else's number is 23?"
"Rita McNeil!"
"You know who else has a mushroom tattoo?"
"Eeeeehhnnnauuuuhnnnn" (the sound of Kevin clearing his throat or the average constipated person).
It was a late night but definitely worth it.

Sunday we did some cleaning around the house and I took Chewie for a nice long walk. Then her trainer Darla came over to give us another session. She also brought her sister who is Rich's current paramedic student. She also brough with her Luther. Now let me explain about Luther. Luther is a Bullmastiff dog who is personal protection and narcotics trained, and is just about the cutest thing in the world. Bullmastiffs are my favorite kind of dog (next to Chewie of course) but I never have known anyone who had one. Chewie has issues with other dogs so she brought Luther to help her learn to ignore dogs. She did so well and made huge improvement in the short time they were there. Luther I believe is over 100lbs, but he likes to sit in your lap. It's hilarious. I posted a few pictures below of both Luther, and Luther and Chewie beside each other doing so well! How could you not love a face like that?

Next it was off to Frwy nice and early to practice for worship team which was fun. I met Oliver (who made me feel even shorter than normal) and got to jam with the usual guys. Lots of fun. Thanks for letting me sing with you! Miranda made me a freaking awesome Pop Shoppe float which was a nice end to the evening.

Finally Gary and I head over to Carolynn and Marshall's to watch the finale of the Amazing Race. The boys won which made me happy. Another classic line to remember from the evening:
"Stop or I'll pee!"

All in all it was a good weekend. A good start to my last week at school yaaayyy!

Also wanted to throw out there, I know it's a weird time to do it but as Rich is on nights I am considering going to see Dreamgirls in the theatre either Christmas or Boxing Day (late shows). If anyone is interested in going and one night is better than the other drop me a line!

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Jaci Rocks!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home