Monday, September 18, 2006

The Weekend Continues....

Normally Rich works on the Mondays right after the weekend he has off, but due to some shift changes, he's off today, and as I have no school, our weekend has continued a bit.

We had a pretty good weekend. Friday I came home from school and went right to bed. I had a nice nap and then got up and tackled my homework. I had a headcold that was brewing but at that point I was hoping it would stop at a sore throat.

Saturday we cleaned up a bit in prep for our fabulous company that night. Unfortunately the head cold had taken over. I cried for half the afternoon and Rich got me all tucked in for an afternoon nap and went off to a small overtime shift. He came home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me. I have the best husband in the whole world.

Kevin graced us with his presence for dinner and we had a great time with him. He's such a great guy and it was fun to learn more about him (and he distracted me from my cold!). Anyone who hasn't had him over yet you are missing out!

Sunday I was still feeling pretty lousy and vegged for a bit. Rich went outside and again showed his growing proficiency with tools! He built his BBQ - and in front of an audience no less! Some of the kids from the neighbourhood came to watch. One of them asked Rich where our other car was. He said "my wife's car is over in that lot". One of the kids said "oh...the silver grand am right?" These kids are in SK and Gr 2. So observant! I brought Chewie out to meet them and she licked them all over and drank in all the attention.

Off to Freeway where I gave a pitiful attempt at singing. My ears and nose were plugged so it didn't go as well as planned but it was fun singing with Kevin in spite of how I was feeling. The guys were great to put up with me.

We were about to go home and get me tucked in but at the last minute got an invitation to go watch the Amazing Race at Carolynn and Marshall's along with Natasha. They are so much fun and it was great to spend some time with them.

Today we organized the basement and did a bit more unpacking, got the books on the bookshelves etc. I organzied the cd's and got them away, and my ingenious husband decided to put up a sensor light we had in the laundry room. So often when you go into the laundry room your hands are full, and this way the light comes on. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical. He was getting great with tools, but electrical? I wasn't sure. Less than 10 minutes later he'd drilled holes, got the light up, confirmed it was working, and had it cleaned up! I am so proud of him! Shelving, BBQ, Motion Sensor Lights - all in one week! I am so proud.

So for those who have asked how school is going - it's a ton of work, but fabulous. For those who asked how we are settling into our new place - very well - come check it out! In the few short weeks we've been here, we already feel like this is home more than we ever did in the Dundas house. Thanks again to everyone who helped us move in!

5 Comments:

At 3:17 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Sick or not you sing like an angel.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Don't listen to Rich. He's just saying that because he "has to".



HAHA!!! Just kidding. Rich is so right. You were fabulous last night, as were Adrian and Jason. The only thing I was thinking to myself was "man, how can I get more cow bell?" Just messin'. But in total honesty, you were great, even if you weren't feeling well. Mad props to you for sticking with it to the end!! Looking forward to singing with you again, whether it's at the FRWY or in your living room.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Oh, BTW, thanks for having me over. Loved the food, loved Chewie, and loved you and Rich. Well, still love y'all. Didn't mean to say that in the past tense.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Sounds like life is going just as it should for you jaci......sorry to hear you aren't feeling well....please dont send those germs anywhere near brampton....I LOATH being sick.....I dont know how to rest.....ask anyone

glad to hear school is well too!

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to encourage you and your blogging (Rich can't have all the comments!)....so......way to let the dog taste the neighbours kids!!
Houston

 

Post a Comment

<< Home