Monday, September 04, 2006

Moving and other things

So this was a loooooooooooong weekend for us in so many ways. Thursday was Rich's last shift before the weekend and I took him to work for 5:30. As a result we were pretty tired when I picked him up and we headed out to Jon and Lindsays wedding rehersal. Then off to get his tux fitted and then to the rehersal dinner. We stopped by the new place with a carload of stuff and then went almost immediately to bed exhausted. I think I had maybe 3 hours of sleep. I kept thinking of all the things we had to accomplish.

At 4am Chewie and Ivan decided to have a fight. On top of us. So we got up. We started to clear out the bedroom and get ready for the move. At 7:30 Rich left to get the Uhaul truck and I left to take Chewie to the boarding place. I went in and paid and then got her from the car. She kept looking back and whining at me as I walked out. It was heartbreaking. I knew she'd be fine but I was a wreck! Then I got a call from Rich with a hiccup. Uhaul screwed up our reservation. They had us down for September 30th. So after arguing with Uhaul Rich used his persuasive powers (and "irateness") to get us a truck. I started to clean the basement with the help of Emily and Niles, while the muscle was upstairs loading.

Pernell was there with his hurt back and was such a huge help with the vaccuuming, moving, tools etc. He brought with him Nathan, who came back from Sarnia early to help us out cause he rocks, Paul who helped with the vaccuuming and moving as well, and Kevin, our resident Mexican, who was huge muscle and has offered to help me with my Mac stuff (wooohhoooo!). Rich's sister Kerrie who is freakishly strong was also there, and has been there for all our moves. John was there as well before he went to work nights which was awesome. Laura Church was a huuuuuge help to me as well. She let me use her minions and helped me with all the cleaning after she helped the guys with the truck.

On the other end we had Natasha to assist Laura in the unpacking which was such a huge help. She also did some running around for us too. My friend Dave stopped by to help Rich with the manly things - dishwasher, washer, dryer, my pantry which I love, stuff like that. Then later that night Nick and Mark stopped by to help us and check out the place. Finally, Jon and Lindsay came to see the new place and chat. To everyone who helped, thank you so much! I appreciate it more than you can possibly know and I know Rich does too.

We were up quite late and we knew our weekend wasn't close to being over. Saturday morning we were up bright and early. We had so much to do in prep for the wedding, and then we were out till about 2am that night. Sunday we were up nice and early to start unpacking and go shopping. After a very expensive trip we had Karyn and Brendan helping out with building stuff. Later, John and Kelly came for a visit, and my parents stopped by to check out the place on the way back from dropping Gary off at Niagara College. He starts tomorrow wooohooo Gary.

So it was a super long weekend and we're exhausted. Rich is off to work nights and I am here to unpack. It's a slow process as I try and find places to put everything.

So for any of you who made it to the bottom of this long blog check out the link at the top for the boarding place I took Chewie to. They have pet "villa's" that are ridiculously priced and come with tv's and beds for your pet. Chewie did NOT get that, but I can't believe some people do pay that. It's nuts.

Back to unpacking.

3 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked out that link...hilarious! I can't believe that people would actually pay for that. Glad you are now in a mold-free space. Woo Hoo!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Glad to hear you are MOVED finally and that things are settling in....I hear you had lots of help, that's good.....

CHEERS to your new home!!!

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know if I can help unpacking!!!

(and we need to get together soon!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home