Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What to do with a wedding dress

Question for all you crafty people:

I'm looking for things to do with my wedding dress. I've read pillows, photo album covers, purses, christening dresses, and quilts. I can't see selling it and I'm not sentimental enough to need to keep it all together but I would like to keep it in some more practical form. (I also think I can only convince to move it once, next time I think he'll hide it on me.) Looking for any suggestions you have - there's a lot of dress to use!

I have 2 sewing machines at my disposal to use now (although I hardly remember how to use them) so all ideas are welcome!

Thanks!

3 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sentimental so I kept mine - I remmeber playing dressup in my mom's growing up and wanted the same for my girls.

I would say pick something that won't go out of style - a big poofy wedding album might not be your thing in a few years. I would think something like a dress for a doll - then your kids could still see it. Other votes would be pillows.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Suggestions:

you can keep it to line a basenette later when you start to have children, my girlfriend did that and it was a lovely way to use it.....

Christening dress is also a lovely use for it later in life and a nice way to tie your own memory to that of your childs and a way to signify a special day.

I kept mine, 10 years later and this HUGE box in my closet

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Margie said...

Sell it and get $

 

Post a Comment

<< Home