Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Moving, Ipods and the Lamp

Yesterday was a busy day. I had to get up early and wait for the delivery of our washing machine which we won't use until we move. The guys put it in the living room. I think they were a bit confused as to why, but they did.

Then the delivery guy came with the replacement Ipod that we'd sent away to be repaired. It was a Christmas gift from Rich but as I was getting a free one with my Mac if they were able to fix it he could have his own. They sent a brand new one.

Then we found out we got our number one choice for a house! It's a townhouse in Stoney Creek that is larger than where we are now. Very cool. We called and they told us we were accepted. Then came the drafting of the email to the old landlord to tell them we were leaving. They were cool, and as long as we get our August rent back we should be good.

On that note, we have to be out Friday, September 1st. If there is anyone at all that can help us move we would appreciate it so much. Two of our friends that normally are able to help can't, we're worried about being out on time. I promise to be super organized so it's an easy move, and we will have pizza or some other kind of food and alcohol for those who need an incentive! Thanks to anyone who can lend a hand, we would appreciate it so much.

And finally, the lamp. When we were in our apartments up on the mountain I was working on wedding invitations at Rich's place. I used the glass coffee table and put a table lamp right over top of where I was working, and the cord stretched over from the wall. One morning I came in and Rich was gone to work, and the lamp was broken. I felt bad as I'd left it so the cats must have hit the cord and pulled it off the table. I ran out to buy a replacement identical lamp, and told Rich, who was quite understanding.
We were packing on Monday, and he looked at the lamp. He said "If I tell you something will you promise not to get mad?" I said "no". He said "I broke the lamp". He broke it. And when I called him all apologetic he said NOTHING. I felt SO bad. What a turkey.

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

LOL - I LOVE the lamp story...............

I've moved 4 times, out of house to apartment, back to house to wait for new house to be built, to inlaws for 3 months, then into house we are currently living in ain't it GREAT..by the fourth move, I was unpacked and organized in one day - tip, hook up stereo first, at least that way you have tunes to listen too......

CONGRATS on finding a new place!!!! Stoney Creek is so pretty

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh oh.. Mac user living in Stoney Creek.. hmm coming from Dundas... déjà vu. Congrats on the new place!

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've had friends who've lived where you are moving to and it's great. Congrats!

Loved the lamp story too....

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting comments (or lack of) from the man who insisted that "the felon" confess!!
Houston

 

Post a Comment

<< Home