Saturday, August 26, 2006

Stuff

So this weekend has felt long. Maybe because I haven't had the regular work week or just because it's been full. I'm getting ready to head off to bed soon and looking forward to a good sleep.

So far since I've been "unemployed" I've been very busy. Last Friday we went up to Alliston to visit my grandparents (Mom's parents) and my aunt and uncle who brought up Chewie's brother Mickey. Along with their other dog Didi they played and played and were exhausted. It was great to see. They both have the same floppy ear and their tongue hangs out the same side. It was fun to see Marma and Poppa and spend some time with them without the whole family around.

Saturday we were off to Toronto to see Spamalot (awesome) with my parents. Chewie came too and we left her with my other grandparents (Dad's parents) for the evening.

Sunday was busy packing and then took a break to go to church. Monday, Tuesday Rich worked, and I think I may have packed a bit, and did a ton of running around. Wednesday, Thursday we had Chewie out a lot, and went to Ikea (wooohoooo love Ikea) and signed our lease, picked up our keys (yaaaayy!). We can start moving stuff in which is great. Friday I went to help Natasha pack and ended up helping Kevin with his futon. Then off the Jeffersons to hang with Madi and Eden for a few hours. Lots of fun. Haven't babysat in a LONG time so this was fun - trying to remember what it was like! Today I helped Natasha finish packing and moving. It was a quick, easy move, which is always good. I hope ours is that quick.

Now it's only 6 days till our move. Getting close. We have such a busy week ahead. Rich is working Sunday, Monday night from 7pm-4am, Wed, Thurs days, and then the move is Friday. Wednesday night I'm off to the back to school party at the cafe, and then Thursday we have a wedding rehersal. Rich is the best man so we have to go. So don't have time! Saturday we have the wedding and we have to drive the bride and groom back to their hotel so we will be out super late. Hopefully we can get a good amount of unpacking done Sunday.

Thank you to everyone who has said they are helping. It's such a huge help you have no idea how much we appreciate it.

Feel productive and like I accomplished something helping Natasha pack today and seeing her place getting cleared out. I feel like I should be done moving now! 6 more days. 6 more sleeps and then in the new place yaaayyy!

2 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger Kev Chen said...

Muchos gracias with your help in moving the futon!! Sorry that it tooke you away from helping Natasha. But fortunately, everything worked out, yea? Looking forward to lending a hand this Friday!!! BTW, will I get to meet Chewie?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Chewie will be around if you are there late enough - but you're welcome to come meet her anytime! I think we're going to have to board her for the day till we get all the stuff in, and then bring her home later on Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home