Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sick

I am sick. I hate being sick. I have a stuffy nose....the nose people have invaded. They congregate in one nostril and stay there. I blow and blow and they don't move. Then I stand up, and they shift, allowing me a brief moment of relief, then as soon as I sit or lie down again, they congregate and stand firm. Then, just when you think you've conquered them and they've vacated one nostril, they show up in the other nostril. Why is that? I would rather have the stomach flu than a stuffy nose. I am also achy and have a headache.

Not only am I sick, I am missing work. Not that I love my job and want to be there, but I do feel guilty being sick. I especially resent how they call. I call in sick, and leave a contact number as requested, and then within a few hours my supervisor calls back. Now my supervisor is a nice enough person, but I resent having my nap disturbed or having to groggily reach for the phone just to have them say "so you're sick? what's wrong? hope you are feeling better". What is calling me accompishing? It stresses me out. I worry I'll be fired when I get back, or that they are making notes about any sounds in the background "oooo she's watching tv....can't be THAT sick". I ran out of Sudafed and had to go to the drug store. Wouldn't you know that's when they decide to call. I always feel like a kid skipping school trying to come up with a believable excuse for missing class. I overexplain. I'm just sick! It happens. Sometimes taking a few days off and really recovering makes you more productive than "working through it" at the office and doing a lousy job.

So I'm sick, and stressed. And of course tired. And you, the blog world, get to listen to me whine. For that I apologize. My wonderful hubby is taking good care of me. I'm going back to bed.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you don't feel good. Anything we can do?

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Thanks Pernell I think I'm on the mend. Still stuffy and exhausted but I'm back at work now. I've tried to convince Rich I have the bird flu and this is the start of the pandemic....he's not buying it. We're both getting better though and looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday. Glad Jacob is doing ok - I cried just reading your blog about the surgery!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Have to. They have to have a contact number for an employee. It's on file already :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home