Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Poll....what do you think?

K everyone I have a poll to do to for a friend. It's a 65th birthday party (surprise party). Included at the party will be:
- Sit down dinner Roast beef, with all the sides.
- Veggie trays and fruit trays and desert.
- Possible wine served at each table.
- Bar (cash but cheap prices) available as well

If you were invited to this party, would you feel it was tacky if you were asked for $15-20 /couple in lieu of gifts? You have to be honest! Would you rather buy a gift even if you'd spend more than $15-20/couple? Let me know - leave a comment - it will help out a friend in the planning stages of the party!

Thanks!

5 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Carolynn said...

I think I would rather buy a gift. Can't explain why... but that would be my choice.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People that age usually need little or nothing and would rather have the oportunity to enjoy fellowship and community with their loved ones, if a "cover charge" helps this happen I don't think it's wrong.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I understand the dilemma. I have to say I'm with Carolynn though. Can't really explain why.

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would need to advertise it differently...like selling tickets. That way it takes away the gift aspect altogether. Some people really don't like giving money as a gift, but buying a ticket to a party is OK

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be perfect. Give the $20.00 bucks and it saves you the headace of what to get the person.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home