Monday, January 23, 2006

New Addition

So a few people have asked me how we got our dog and how long we've had her and so on, so rather than explaining again, I thought I'd blog!

My uncle in Mississauga has a purebred shepherd that had puppies in August. She had 3 puppies and they already had 2 dogs, so 5 dogs running around was a lot. They sold one puppy, and were going to keep the other 4, but with so many the pack mentality kicks in and the females were not going to get along as the puppies got older.

Jan 7th I was at work and took a break to check my email. There was an email from my Uncle Steve and he said they needed to remove one of the females to try and solve the problem. He asked if we wanted Jojo, one of the puppies. After discussing with Rich (and doing a little bit of begging) we decided that with everything they were doing to help us with the start up costs of the puppy we would take her. We've wanted a dog for a while but after the wedding/honeymoon/Christmas, finances weren't such we could get one, but this arrangement worked perfectly. It was an answer to prayer for them too!

Sunday, Jan 8th we got Jojo, and on Monday the 9th she was officially renamed to Chewbacca or Chewie. She's almost 6 months old and she's huge - 54 lbs when the vet measured her today. Her tail is dragging on the ground and her ears ars as big as the rest of her head so she's going to be a big girl! She's the new addition to the family and we love her to pieces - and I have to agree with Jason she's the best puppy in the world (although I'm a bit biased!) So that's our puppy story. We're now doing obediance school and trying to get her trained but she's great. Come visit her anytime we all love visitors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home