Monday, January 23, 2006

What do grownups do?

I have discovered I have no idea as a grown up what to do. I do grown up things - I am married, have a home, family, friends, a job I don't like, and yet when I come home from work I don't know what to do. I cook dinner and try to clean up after it, trying to become more "wifely", and then what? I have no homework anymore. I have no wedding to plan. I have no honeymoon to plan. No Christmas presents to wrap. We power cleaned this weekend before Jason and Laura and the kids came over for dinner. Many nights I plop down with a crafty thing like my cross stitch and find something mildly entertaining on tv to watch, but now what? Is there something I am missing? I feel like there is some big secret that someday someone will reveal....like for the last 10 years you should have been working on this big assignment and it'll be due next week. Will that happen?

I know most people are running around after kids all day, but what do the rest of you do?

2 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy it!

I remember those days - when I thought "I'm a loser because I don't have a hobby!" (Mark and I use to often discusss our need for hobbies and lack of)

We use to always keep a game on the table -and after supper we'd play Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit. We might play 2 or 3 games because - well, we could!

Again I say - Enjoy!

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaci,
Some of us scoop poop in the backyard and sweep the floor for fuzzy furry piles of fluff. Welcome to the club!!!! Love to Princess Chewie too from Tera, Didi and Mickey!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home