Friday, November 03, 2006

Stuff

So much has happened this week! Thank you for everyone understanding my lack of commenting on blogs - by the time I get to those I'm usually so tired I don't have any intelligent thoughts yet, but I still am reading them!

Rich and I had a rough beginning of the week. We were waiting for some news that could have been very bad - almost like waiting for medical test results (just not medical) all day. When Rich finally called me with news Monday evening I broke down at school (in the office - not in front of the kids) which really worried me. The teachers were so cool though and everything turned out well, but it was not fun to go through and even worse for Rich.

I have a friend who's trying to turn me into an opera singer. We're developing my head voice and for anyone who understands turns out I am a Subret (no idea how it's spelled) and can sing a high C (the high high one). So much fun.

I had a hot tubbing date with Karyn on Wednesday and Thursday came back to Hamilton to surprise Rich for pub night. This was stupid. We had fun but I was so exhausted I could hardly drive back to Toronto that night.

Today was a super short day for the kids cause of commencement so I was home before 2pm which was great! I have been teaching theory to two grade 10 classes and gave one of them a quiz today (they hated that). I needed to see how effective the lesson had been though. I discovered the theory face this week. You teach. You ask questions. They stare blankly back at you. They nod they understand. They probably don't. It's quite funny and very frustrating but I'm learning how to get them out of that. The quiz went well. I was teaching intervals which is one of the more difficult concepts at this age (so the other teachers tell me) because it's kind of abstract but most of them got perfect which was exciting for me. The kids are so good and well behaved for the most part. We took them to Wicked on Wednesday and they were so well behaved. It was so much fun!

So today starts Rich and my "Anniversary Weekend'O'Fun!" Tonight we are off to Lo Presti at Maxwell's which is in our opinion the best in the city. Tomorrow we'll hit an Art show, then off to see Wicked in Toronto (yaaaaaaaaayyyy). Sunday is our actual 1st wedding anniversary and we are going on a picnic. Sometime during the weekend I think we will get up to see Rich's partner Darren and his family with the new babies.

So I took Rich's car back to Toronto last night so he could get mine in for an oil change. There is a little mechanic right behind our place so Rich took it there as it so convenient - not our regular mechanic though. When he went to pick it up he had to ask for a work order which he said sort of set off alarm bells for him. He got in the car and the change oil light was still on. So he takes it up to Beech Goodyear our regular mechanic on Upper James. Love that guy. Anyways he tells them what happened and they said he probably just forgot to reset the sensor and that'd check it for us. So they check it and it's new oil, but it's too full. They drain a bit for us, and then Rich asks for them to check the filter. It's black. So now he's mad. So they change it for us and it was $16 for all that. He takes the old filter and comes back down to the first guy. He shows a guy the filter, and he agrees it obviously wasn't done as they don't use those kind of filters. He approaches the mechanic that did my car and the guy lies through his teeth. So guy number one gave us our money back. So Rich got his $32 back. We won't be going back there. So frustrating.

Off to get Rich up from his nap. Not sure if we'll be out Sunday as it's the actual anniversary, but I miss everyone and looking forward to seeing everyone when Practicum is over if not sooner!

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Margie said...

Miss you too! Have more than a bunch of fun this weekend!

Love you!

Margie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home