Monday, November 06, 2006

Anniversary Weekend'O'Fun!

So most of you know by now Rich and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary yesterday. It was such a lovely weekend!

Friday was a short day for the kids at school so I was home after making a stop or two by 2 o'clock for a change. We puttered around the house for a bit and while Rich napped I got caught up on my tv I had taped previously in the week.

Friday evening we went to Lo Presti at Maxwell's on Jackson St which is where we had our reception. We've only gone a few times just the two of us and we had our usual gazebo which was nice. As the dinner was a gift we were able to go all out. I had soup, steak diane with fettuccine alfredo, and for dessert Rich had arranged ahead of time for us to have an item not on the menu - banana's foster. Yummmyy. Then he ordered chocolate covered strawberries to go. Also not on the menu. The food was fabulous as usual. We went home and watched a movie together and snuggled. Rich is a good snuggler. He doesn't mind cuddling with most people so give him a try sometime!

Saturday we did a bit of running around, Rich went to the chiropractor, we wandered around Blessings and then hit Montana's for lunch and my usual baked chicken penne. The afternoon was relaxing and we napped in preparation for Wicked! Off to Toronto. There were two T-shirts I saw that I really wanted from the show and Rich had said he'd pick one for me as an anniversary gift, so when we got there I showed him the two I wanted and went to our seats. The seats were great, and the show was fabulous. Highly recommend it to anyone!

We were home pretty late and went almost immediately to bed, but not before getting my first anniversary present as it was past midnight. Rich showed me the shirt he picked for me. I love it! It sparkles a bit! We were just about to go to bed and he went to the closet and pulled out the other shirt! I love my hubby. He said it was supposed to be a Christmas gift but he couldn't wait. Love it love it love it. So cool. So off to bed.

Sunday was our actual anniversary and we were off to an art show. Rich saw a guy drawing on the street one day and stopped to see what he was drawing. It was all pictures of Hamilton architecture and scenes - all very nice. Turns out the guy works for the City of Hamilton and was showing his stuff at an art show, so we checked it out - very cool. This also was the day of the puppies. Just before going into the art show there was a woman with two dogs, one of which was a German Shepherd puppy about 12 weeks old, so we got down and played with her for a few minutes. Her name was Meadow. So cute. Later that day we saw a boxer cross puppy who was adorable also that we played with. We also saw a Neapolitan mastiff. I LOVE Mastiffs and I really want one. This one was 160lbs of mushy cuteness that I got to pet. Rich asked the guy if we could say hi and the guy got the dog out of his truck so we could.

We also went to see Rich's partner Darren and his wife Melissa and the triplets. So freaking cute. I got to feed Jessica and held her for a few hours. They are all about 6lbs 4oz now and 3 weeks old. So much fun. The evening we spent at home together until I had to drive back into Toronto :-(

Now Rich is probably reading this thinking I skipped the most important part of the day, but I just saved it for last. Rich took me on a picnic. Not just any picnic. He took me to Princess Point which is where we had our wedding photos taken. How sweet is that! We took a blanket and lunch and the camera, and headed down by the water so we could lean against a tree. It was quiet and secluded (largely because it's November), but it was actually quite nice. We had a nice meal and talked and cuddled. It was wonderful. Then, about the same time, the cold and pain set into our bums. We were both trying to think of how to tell the other we wanted to go cause we were getting cold and uncomfortable but didn't want to break the lovely afternoon. So funny. After a few minutes of squirming uncomfortably, we were both saying "so ummm this has been nice....let's go?" It was such a fun afternoon but so funny that we are now at a point where romance has it's place, but after a point, it's just not worth the frozen bums. It was actually a fun way to end the picnic as we laughed about it all the way back to the car, where we could sit comfortably.

All in all it was a fabulous first wedding anniversary. I know we will have many to come, but this one was special. We've both had long term relationships with yearly anniversaries, both celebrated big events with others, but this was the first event that was OURS. And it's the only time we will have a first wedding anniversary. My only regret is I had to leave so soon.

I love you Rich, thank you for a wonderful weekend.

11 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger the lovely kaelyn said...

Thanks for sharing; it was beautiful and uplifting and put a smile on my face.

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely relationship you two have

it's quite cute.

having just celebrated last april my 10th anniversary.......I remember my first

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Natasha said...

Glad to hear that you guys had fun. Thanks for sharing and including us all in your love.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Rachel Pede said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Great story. :)

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds a little sappy to me sweetheart. Maybe you and hubby should get a better hobby, a pinic, really grow up.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Message to anonymous....

Your parents must be so proud to know they have a child (you) who is not only gutless, but heartless and moronic as well.

Why leave such a negative comment there sweetheart? Then to show an amazing lack of courage (not to mention decency) by not signing it so that it can be appropriately responded to.

My guess, sweetheart, is the only time your relationships are going well is when your credit card clears for the phone charges; which in turn makes you so pitiful that you seek satisfaction by trying to make others as miserable as you are. I pity you, I really do; and I’m a little annoyed at your cowardly attack on my wife.

One last thing brainwave, there are two “C”’s in piCniC.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rich Sweetheart, sorry to disappoint, but married happily to my HUSBAND for 20 years. When and if (BIG IF) you get to that point I will applaud you both. Apparently you and the wife don't appreciate honest comments. Here's a clue, THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM. I am free to leave my opinions. If you don't like it then don't allow comments. It's self-rightous people like you that make me sick.

Oh, FYI, no lack of courage on my part, just my free will to do so, in case you haven't heard, ITS A FREE COUNTRY.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Now stop being so darn cute - I miss being the cuddly couple!

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaci... can I suggest you delete the moronic comments by "Anonymous"?

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Funny Carolynn I was just thinking of doing that.

So my final comment to anonymous. Yes you are correct it is a public forum. You are free to leave your opinions but from now on I will be deleting them as they serve no purpose to myself or any of my friends who read this blog. I find it incredibly interesting that you feel my husband's comments are self righteous considering all you've written so far.

I have to admit I am shocked that you have been married for 20 years. Congratulations. That is quite an accomplishment especially in this day and age.

I do appreciate honest comments if they serve a positive purpose of some sort. Constructive critisism is also welcome. Negative comments that seem to come from either a jealousy of a happy relationship where we take time to do special things once and a while, or just a general bitterness is not helpful. I'd gladly listen to advice to someone who has been married for 20 years, if they thought marriage was a positive thing. You may feel it is, however your comments do come across as if you are anti-marriage or happiness. This may not be the case, but it is certainly how it sounds. If you and your husband have a different definition of happiness then great, but it doesn't make what we find enjoyable stupid or silly, it's just different. It's unfortunate you don't seem to appreciate the differences in others.

I am sad for you that somewhere along the lines you may have forgotten to take the time to appreciate simple things. For a newly married couple without a lot of spare cash right now, we wanted to do something for our anniversary that was inexpensive and wasn't sitting at home watching a movie. Sorry a picnic is something you disaprove of. Tried it lately? It's fun.

All that being said, age and experience do not always equal maturity or wisdom. Thank you for reminding me of that anonymous. I hope I never get to the point that I am too old or bitter or cynical to enjoy the simple things, and appreciate the love of my friends and family. I will continue to look to my parents (married happily for almost 30 years) and my grandparents (both sets for over 50 years) for a positive example of a happy marriage. Oh and they all thought the picnic was a great idea.

And thank you for your final comment on my blog. I'll be deleting them going forward without a response from myself or anyone else if I can help it. Maybe you'll be off to find your kicks elsewhere, maybe not. Either way I pray your bitterness towards us turns to some sort of joy in God.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Everyone else....thank you for all your lovely comments! Miss you all and looking forward to being home this weekend, and next weekend for good! Woooohoooo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home