Saturday, October 07, 2006

School Continues...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

When I did my undergrad I didn't study really. I slacked off, didn't do the readings, and really wasted a lot of time. I regret that. I got ok marks but I always had that excuse if I didn't do well I could say I didn't really study or hadn't put any work into it so it was no big deal. When I started school this time I've been lucky enough to just focus on school. I have been doing ALL my readings, all my homework has been done well before the night before, and I've really tried hard to manage my time well. My fear was, what if I put all this work in and I still just did ok?

We got our first paper back this week and I was worried. I flipped to his comments and..... wooohooo 90%! So the crappy part of all this is when you get hired your undergrad marks actually help determine your pay scale, but your B.Ed. has NO bearing on that! Oh well. It was encouraging to say the least.

Another thing that happened this week was that we got our placements for our first practicum. Most of you know I commute to Toronto 3 days a week (which is exhausting and expensive). We were really looking forward to practicum cause it meant 4 - 5 weeks of no commute, I was supposed to do it in Hamilton. Apparently the teacher I was supposed be with went emergency mat leave, so they had to find another place for me. I did get what looks like a great school. Big music department with at least 3 full time music faculty which is crazy. Because of the whole situation I am moving in with my grandparents for a month. It's great I can do that, but I am really upset about it. I don't want to leave Rich, he's a huge support for me. I am super excited and very nervous about placement. The school looks incredible, and looks from their website to be very much the type of program I'd like to run someday.

Off to do homework. Happy Turkey weekend!

3 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - Congrats on your placement Jaci..dont worry I'm sure you'll still see rich all the time........

AWWWW, I can vaguely remember what it felt like to miss my husband..lol - now id' take a month and RELISH in the silence.......

absence makes the heart grow fonder...dont fret

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's too bad about staying with the grandparents and missing Rich ... you can always visit us if you ever need a break!

Unka Steve

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Thank you I just might do that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home