Saturday, July 29, 2006

The end of the mould....we hope

So Thursday Rich and I cleaned all day. We bought a washing machine, and got rid of a bunch things and furniture that were damaged by the mould.

The landlord's were scheduled to come by after 7pm. I have discovered over the last few months that I have a problem with confrontation. I like keeping the peace. Rich is the complete opposite. He just doesn't care. I would say "well what if they say this?" and he'd answer "no" or "so what?" so relaxed it drove me nuts. We were also worried about the dog. They hadn't seen Chewie and although we didn't want to hide the fact we had a dog, she is a bit overwhelming as she's quite big. Rich said I should take the dog for a walk. Have I mentioned how great he is? So off Chewie and I went at 7pm. In a thunderstorm. It was ok until my contacts started swimming so badly I couldn't see. They eventually settled and Chewie and I continued on, completely drenched. It was a great 90 minute walk, we saw a deer with 2 baby deer and a rabbit sitting together at one point - it looked like a scene out of Bambi.

When I got home Rich said they'd only been there for 10 minutes and were very nice. They saw the problem and left. They said if we feel we need to move we can break our lease.
We picked up our laundry at his Mom's who'd finished it off for us after our washer broke (thanks Peggy!). We stopped and ate food we shouldn't have and then went to bed exhausted.
Friday we both worked and then we tackled the rest of the mould. I hate mould. And cobwebs. So gross. But it's done. We worked hard and the place is mould free as far as we can tell. With any luck it won't return and we won't have to move, but if it does, we'll have to seriously consider moving if they aren't willing to fix it. We'll have a building inspector in to see what the problem is next week.

Coming to work today was almost relaxing after the last couple days.

On another note, work approved me for part time status in the Fall. They did it only on the condition I go back to the dept I just finally got out of after 2 years and that I hate. I imagine I'll be there till at least my placement starts at school, and then we'll see.

Back to work....hope everyone has had a more relaxing week than we have had!

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Wow.....well, at least you guys were motivated enough to clean all the mould and try to save your space where other people would just pack up and move.

90 min walking the dog in a thunderstorm/rain....you're braver than me....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home