Friday, July 21, 2006

Escaped Felon

Here we are in Kingston and I am up way too early. Chewie could hear people up and getting ready for work so I got up so Rich could sleep without listening to her whine. We just came in from a rousing game of Frisbee in the yard and she's panting beside me.

After work we got the car loaded up and headed off to Eden's birthday party which we were late for. I didn't get off work right on time and it took me almost until the party started to get home. We did get there in time to see all the cool presents and the great flower pot cakes Krista had done, and then we headed back out.

The drive to Kingston is so incredibly boring that we bought and "If" book last time and we were working our way through that. Things like "If you could have a dinner party with any four people from history who would be there?" Rich thought my answer was weird. (I think Hitler, Marilyn Monroe, Jesus, and Johnny Carson would make for a fascinating evening don't you?)

One of the questions was about lying, and I told Rich a lie I'd told my parents when I was about 19. His response "You HAVE to tell them!". Great. So we get here and I tell them. I'd come home to Niagara Falls for the weekend - one of my first weekends home from university in Toronto. I'd just got my license and there was a party I wanted to go to. Now I don't drink, and so that wasn't a big deal, but Mom and Dad let me use the car (I think for one of the first times). Off I went, and at the end of the night, around 2am, I drove home a couple friends. I dropped off Chara first, then Stacey. As I dropped off Stacey and backed out of the driveway, I heard a thump. There was a car across the road at the end of her hill driveway I didn't notice. So like any responsible teenager who has just commit a "hit", I "ran". Drove home thinking no one would ever know what happened.

The next morning on our way home from church Mom called to ask if we were almost home. Dad told her we were, to which she replied "the cops are on their way over....they want to talk to Jaci". Great. So now I'm freaking out. We get there and park, the cops get there and park, and start asking questions. All I could think was deny deny deny! And I did. They took my license info in case, and said they were questioning everyone at Stacey's that day and taking everyone's info. I asked if it was ok to go back to Toronto for school, and they said yes they'd contact me if I was going to be charged. All day I freaked out. My parents assured me it'd be ok cause I didn't do anything wrong.

So last night I came clean. Told them everything. To which my Mom replied "we know". What do you mean we know? She said I'd been so petrified they just pretended they didn't know for my sake. It's nice to know that Mom and Dad still love a felon like me - and knew I was a felon all along.

We know. I should have told them years ago. Too funny.

Off to start our relaxing weekend in Kingston....hopefully with a nap!

3 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I love that RICH made you tell your parents.........

I'm sitting here thinking, if I sat down and confessed everything to my parents they were not aware of........id need an overnight bag.......cause it would be a LONG Discussion....tho somewhere deep down, none of them being horrible, I think they probably know

great post

:)

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do they always know???

Thank you so much fo rcoming to celebrate our rugrat - sorry I didn't get much chance (any?) to gab with you. The girls have been loving their new book!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Hey, sweet blog jaci,

could you go into you template, copy your html code and email it to me, i'm not sure how to do a few things, and that wold be great!!

Gary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home