Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Timing sucks

So I posted that we were going to look at a house. This is dangerous. We loved it. It was a 2 story with a finished basement in Dundas. Huge yard (big enough for my hot tub I want!), 4 bedrooms upstairs all with hardwood flooring, a nice washroom with 2 sinks in the vanity. The main floor was a large living room, very nice entry way, kitchen, walk in pantry, and 1.5 bath. The basement was fun. It had a large laundry room with storage and big deep freeze they were leaving. Also a finished rec room with a wood burning stove and a bar. Then behind there was another room that could have been for another bedroom, an office, storage, or whatever. There was a 4 car driveway and a garage. We loved it. It looked so much smaller from the outside. Rich asked their asking price. Originally they asked 389,000. I almost choked on my water. They had dropped to 354,900 but were eager to sell and were willing to come down.

So we left depressed with Rich telling them it was "a bit" (try a ton) out of our price range but we'd call them by Thursday. Then we headed off to the cafe to watch a movie and have a coffee. On the table in front of us is a Real Estate Magazine. So we flipped through it getting more and more depressed. It's not that we can't afford a house, it's just with me going back to school we can't for one more year. I feel like everything is on hold while I get this done and that is frustrating. Needless to say, we won't be going house shopping for "fun" again!

The other thing that I couldn't believe happened was I got a call yesterday from Hamilton Police Services offering me a chance to interview for a part time communications job - basically for police dispatch. Great job, one I was trying for back in Feb. Figures they'd call now when I can't go. I was honest and let them know about the school thing but if they were still interested in me I would love to interview. She said to apply again when I was done school.

Just poopy timing for everything. Cest la vie.

Looking forward to Kingston this weekend. Should be nice to get away for the last time in what looks like may be a long while. We'll stop at Eden's 2nd birthday party on the way which should be fun.

Back to work. Hope everyone is having a good week!

2 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I felt the same way when Joe and I houseshopped, the ones you love you can't afford at the time...and it gets depressing

chin up, you'll find your dream home when its time.....have some faith

:)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Rachel Pede said...

I can't relate to the house shopping. BUT I definitely know the 'on hold' feeling until school is done. I hear you.
I'll be thinking about you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home