Sunday, July 16, 2006

Chicken and other things....

I made my first roasted chicken last night. I will post a pic later but I was quite proud of myself. Yes I took pictures. Rich wasn't there for me to show and it looks great as far as I am concerned.

So I'm beginning my third week back at work and this is my long week, 4 days on last week, a day off, and then starting yesterday I work 6 days in a row. I'm looking forward to Thursday. My last day in the long stretch, then Eden's birthday party, and then Rich and I will head off to Kingston and that will probably be the last trip until Christmas.

So yesterday at work I had some good and bad things happen. Earlier this week my boss told me there was no guarantee I would get the part time status that I wanted to go back to school. I'd work Sat/Sun every week and go to school Mon-Fri. They offer this to many students so I didn't think there would be an issue. The reason I needed to know right away about the approval was because I could only book my weekend vacation once my part time status had been approved. So anyway the supervisor meets with his boss Friday while I off, and he would leave me a voicemail with the response.

Saturday I get to work, no voicemail. And guess who's on vacation for a week now. So no answer yet. Very frustrating. Then I look and the brilliant people in scheduling still have me on disability, and the 2 supervisors I would talk to to get this fixed are both on vaca next week as well.

Now one good thing that has happened is I was finally put on the team I've been helping out for months now. This job I like a lot more - I talk to techs instead of customers. So much better. The downside to this is because I'm the newest on the team my schedule will get a lot worse. Later hours and probably most of the weekends. The upside though is I'm more apt to work overtime before my shift than after, so this will make that more doable.

I didn't make it to the Goodyear's for their bbq yesterday. Chewie was really antsy and the weekends when I'm on days and Rich is on nights is the worst. Another piece of our home decor was eaten yesterday, so I figured I'd get out and play with her so she burned off some energy.

Still healing slowly. Not all better yet.

Back to work.

PS. I love Big Brother. Love Kaysar, Janelle, Howie and Marcellas.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Works a tradeoff, sometimes you get the job you REALLY want, but the hours can stink, vice versa....

Glad to hear you are back to some sort of a routine and that you a feeling better

ROAST CHICKEN!!!! love it....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home