Tuesday, July 18, 2006

House Shopping

So most of you know I'm going back to school in the fall. This will result in a major decrease to our income (hopefully followed by an increase if I get a job!).

My Ipod broke. We went to Futureshop yesterday to try and get it replaced there first, they said to call Apple. We aren't sure what happened but we will be sending it to Apple to see if we can get it fixed. In the mean time I will be getting a second one free with my Mac I'm going to by soon.

On the way home from Futureshop we saw a sign at the end of our street for a house for sale. It is a 5 minute walk from our house now (which we are renting). We drove to have a look and it looked nice. I said to Rich "I wonder how much they are selling it for". Doesn't he grab his phone and make an appointment for us to see the house tonight.

Are we going to see the house still? Yes
Do we have the money to get a house right now? Sort of.
If I go back to school (which I am for sure) would we be able to afford a house? Noooooo
Will we end up liking the house? Probably.
Is it in an area we would love to own a home? Yes
Will it thoroughly depress us to look at a house that we will probably like and not buy? Yes. It will. We've done it before.
So why are we looking? Glutton for punishment? I don't know. Sadly, I am looking forward to seeing the place. Maybe it'll end up being some disgustingly cheap hidden gem of a place.

In the mean time I will count down the months, weeks, days, hours, minutes and even seconds until I start school. This is exciting for 2 reasons:
1) I'm just looking forward to going back and pursuing something worthwhile.
2) School = waaaaaaaaaaaaay less working at a job I don't like!

Big Brother is on again. They need to backdoor Will or Boogie.

Back to work.

8 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that we're not the only ones who look at houses that we know we can't afford to move into...none-the-less, we constantly search MLS for homes...we're hopeless.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Joe and I were thrown into looking for a house when we bought ours...it is scary....and depressing when you dont get the one you want and emotionally up and down.....

Go in positive! remember EVERYTHING happens for a reason, if you are supposed to have this house, you will, if not, your gem is JUST around the corner

:)

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Who else finds the phrase "They need to backdoor Will or Boogie." slightly dirty?

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

RICH - I was thinking that, but DIDNT want to ask

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger John said...

Rich, I was thinking the same thing actually but much too polite to say. You apparently don't have that problem :)

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Ok I know it sounds bad but come on, am I the only one watching Big Brother???? I know it's a bad show but I love it. And you all are supporting Rich's obsession with John Denver (which he doesn't need support on btw) and making fun of me for Big Brother. So not cool.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

JACI - I am NOT supportive of his JOHN DENVER singing, I support anyones need for tunes tho - course when I said SING AWAY RICH, I Didn't expect that YOUD have to be the one punished by that with a voicemail.....my fault...what's my punishment?????

course he KNOWS john's number too doesn't he......hmmmmmmmmm, you're BOTH in trouble, me I live in bloggie world, he can't SING To me.......

hee hee hee

:)

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger John said...

Andrea, if I get a message from rich, then I will be sure to forward it to your cell phone :)

Ah the wonders of technology :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home