Monday, July 10, 2006

Random....stealing my title from Krista

This is my second week back at work. We're still having healing issues but it's coming along slowly. Last week was very long, I think largely because I over did it. The long weekend I was out Thursday night, home Friday, and Saturday went to Niagara on the Lake with Natasha which was super fun, but lots of walking. Sunday was church, out late, and then had to be at work for 6am. As soon as I got home we were off to St Jacobs with Mark, Krista and Natasha. Again a lot of fun, but it made for a long day. The rest of the week I started at 8, and by Tuesday at noon I was ready to crash. I left work early and was in bed by 8:30pm.
Rich and his partner are doing wonderfully. He got at least 4 phone calls from him yesterday. Too funny.
________________

I submitted my request to go to part time in the fall at work. So looking forward to that. Now if only I can get the vacation I want.
________________

I did definitely get my Arts Cohort that I wanted at U of T next year. This just means my three core courses are all taught from an arts perspective, which just makes it a bit more interesting.
I have no idea how I am going to teach history. I better hope I can google questions as kids ask me. I'll be watching a lot of the history channel this summer.
________________

One of my friends from work got married yesterday. She's had a rough couple weeks as her young son (9 yrs old) had a pacemaker put in a couple weeks ago. The wedding was fun and as there was almost no break between the wedding and the reception we were home super early it was great. I am getting old.
________________

The minister at the wedding was funny. He kept giving us trivia tid bits that were often vague or wrong. He also commented that it was nice she didn't walk down the isle to the common Cannon in G. For those wondering, it's the Cannon in D that is the popular one.
Rich danced with most of the single women at the wedding. He was a hit. He didn't seem to think it was a big deal but I tried to explain that women really do appreciate it.
________________

I hate the tradition of throwing the bouquet. It just screamed "hey single loser come look silly" to me. This was the first time I didn't have to participate! I loved it. It's a way better tradition when you don't have to participate.
________________

Off to start a new week at work. Yuck. 8 weeks left till part time!

2 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOpe this week is much better!!!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

ok, I'm just tired from READING your blog....you one busy lady....glad to hear you getting out and feeling better tho

 

Post a Comment

<< Home