Sunday, May 14, 2006

Good friends, good food, good times, very sleepy.

So last week we decided to have a bbq. Rich and I enjoy entertaining although I'm not sure I am that good at it yet. The main problem with the date is I was working till 4 so Rich was pretty much on his own for the prep.

We shopped on Friday and did some running around getting ready, did some cleaning, Rich did the manly yard work and things like that. I worked on a triple chocolate cake that took for ever to finish but I was very happy with the end result taste. The look of the cake could have been a bit better, but it was yummy. It was a fun night and so nice to catch up with some friends.

Caught up with Jon and Lindsay who are getting ready for their upcoming wedding. Lindsay was nervous around Chewie but they got along quite well. They had wedding type stuff to attend to so they were off reasonably early.

I had picked up the most fun Natasha from work and brought her home with me. She is so much fun to have around - such a big help and super for backrubs! Always great to have at a party.

John and Kelly were there as well and it was nice to get caught up with them also. Rich and I keep saying we need to hang out with them more. With any luck John will be working with me soon so hopefully that will make it easier for the four of us to get together. Kelly brought some awesome chocolate chip banana bread that I just ate more of with my lunch. She also gave me a gift that was so sweet and a wonderful surprise. It came at a perfect time and I don't think they realize how helpful it will be to us. Thank you again! Oh and she also opened my eyes to the world of stumbleupon. So cool.

Rounding out our party was Darren, Melissa and Liam. Darren is Rich's partner at work and Melissa is his wife who I love - such a sweetheart. Liam is my favorite person shorter than me. So fun. They are expecting triplets which is so exciting. I said to Rich I can't wait to help out cause there will always be one for me to hold! Darren as usual helped Rich with his husbandly duties of light fixtures and things I have no clue about (neither does Rich really so Darren was there to help/do/teach). It was fun to have them over again.

So all in all it was a fun evening. Rich cooked up the sausages and they were yummy, the cake was pretty good if I do say so myself, and although I am SO exhausted today, it was a good night. I am looking forward to Friday as it's my next day off and I could use some sleep. Lots of sleep.

Back to talk to customers (who seem to get dumber by the minute).

Happy Mother's Day Mom, Peggy, Marma and Grandma!

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger John said...

I'm glad you liked the banana bread :) Kelly and I had a great time there last week, and we must do that again soon, at our place this time :) Talk to you soon. BTW, i started my own blog, www.johnslittleuniverse.blogspot.com

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The food was awesome... Cake and Sausages what more could a girl want.
Thanks for the invite you guys are awesome.
Nat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home