Sunday, March 18, 2007

We survived!

Most of you who read this and who have known us for a while know that friends of ours, Darren and Melissa, had triplets in October. They also have a three year old, Liam. So yesterday, being St. Patrick's Day, Darren was playing in a band at a pub, and Melissa was going to try to join him, so she asked Rich and I to babysit. Rich was a bit worried that the two of us wouldn't be able to handle so many babies alone, so we recruited child care worker extraordinaire, Natasha, to help out.

We were just about to leave for their house after a roast beef dinner with Nick and Natasha, and Rich started "feeling sick". At least that's what he says. I think he chickened out!! He really wasn't doing well, so off Tash and I went. Melissa went to get ready in peace while we handled the munchkins. James was sleeping, and Paul, Jessica and Liam needed to sleep. Natasha left to get Liam ready for bed, and rescued me when two of the babies were crying at once and took one till I could get the other settled. I have to say I think we did pretty well. By 9pm , all four kids were sleeping. Around 10ish we woke up Jessica and James and fed them and changed them, then once Jessica was down I got Paul and fed him while Natasha finished up with James. Then we had a bit of a disaster.

We were out of diapers. Paul had his diaper off, and Natasha was standing with him while I was scouring the place for diapers. I found tons, all too small. Then Natasha took a turn, and again, came up empty handed. I took one more shot at it and found one diaper in a diaper bag. I handed it over to Natasha who was standing at the change table with a half naked Paul. She reached for the diaper, but not before Paul decided to pee on her. It was hilarious (largely because he didn't pee on me). Made my night.

Anyway we got Paul down, and again 4 kids were sleeping. Not bad! I don't know how Melissa does it day in and day out, so often on her own, I certainly couldn't. Such cuties though, and we had fun. Thanks Natasha, not many friends would be peed on for me!

4 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Margie said...

I must say I am tiered just reading this...

off to sleep for me:)

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

I still haven't fully recovered Margie!

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good time! I love going over to Darren and Melissa's and helping out with the babies, or playing with Liam. They are all so cute! I don't know how Melissa does it on a daily basis either...I think I would be totally worn out, all the time. Anyhow, glad to hear you two had a good St Paddy's day. I worked (boo) - and were crazy busy. Oh well, OT, and money talks! Ta ta!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Natasha said...

I had a great time... they were well behaved... and Paul and I had little chit chat about inviting girls over and peeing on them so I think that his dating life in the future will survive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home