Saturday, February 11, 2006

Nothing to Blog about.....

I don't think I really have anything to blog about. I just feel as though I've been neglecting my blog life. I'm nervous to go to frwy tomorrow for a few reasons. I'm not looking forward to weigh in. Rich and I have both had our gym bags packed and ready to go all week. Something keeps happening. Tuesday was our first night we were all packed up and ready to go after cadets. But the meeting ran until almost 11...by that time I had a migraine. Rich had been up since 4:30am I'd been up since 6. We just needed sleep. We've been eating better, but the whole week has been like that as far as work out plans. So frustrating. Today I have to wait for the electrician but maybe I'll try and take Chewie for a walk.

Second I have to admit I'm a bit nervous to find out who got the cafe manager job. I have no idea why. I'm sure everyone involved picked a wonderful person who will be great at the job. I thought about applying for the job - I thought it'd be great fun, something you could take pride in, and something I'd be good at. I can manage, and I can train, but I know for a fact I can't network. I also can't lift right now. Every time I thought about applying my stomach flipped over. I prayed about it, and it did not seem like the right thing for me. I also didn't want to get rejected by people I know! But even though I knew I was not the right person for the job, I'm jealous of whoever is. I know that's terrible. I think I'm more jealous of someone getting a job they will love. I still hate mine. It used to be so easy for me to get a job. I remember getting 4 or 5 job offers in one day one time. Now, I'm either over or under qualified for everything. What was I thinking? What does a Music Degree get you? A job at a call center. Woohoo.

My weeks consist of looking forward to spending time with Rich and looking forward to Frwy. When we're there we have fun. When we're not there I worry about whether or not I am any good at making friends. I worry about saying something to someone that may hurt them. I made a comment to Margie before church last Sunday that did not come out the way it was intended, then I sat there so upset and worrying through the whole meeting. I waited anxiously till she was done talking so I could tell her what I really meant. I love Margie she's great. I admire her so much. I'm so glad she understood what I was trying to say.

I finally have a project other than looking for a job. Dad takes people to jail with him and they use this 2" thick binder of music when they go. The problem is it's all one part or just for piano. He wants me to arrange it for four parts. I love arranging. I know I'm a geek. I'm not great at composing, but arranging I can do. That was one of my favorite parts of university. It's going to take forever to do the whole binder but I'm really looking forward to it.

Must go put on the dishwasher and get ready for the electrician. Yaaaayyy we'll have a dryer soon! No more crusty clothes!

I guess I did have a few things to blog about.

6 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I just wanted to say thank you for being so open and honest on your blog. I too am nervous about the weigh in tomorrow. I think that you are good at making friends... Look at how many people Love you! You might do it differently and maybe networking isn't your thing... but your friendship is still extremely valuable and super appreciated to all who know that you care about them.
Thanks for being a friend. I look forward to getting to know you better.
Natasha

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

Thanks Natasha...I appreciate that more than you know! I needed that today.

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do arranging? that is so cool!
So what does that take? do you need the melody transcribed or can you do it by ear?

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you stay cool girl .... and keep blogging ... other wise how am I going to know how great your life with Rich really is ....
as for the Job front ... you keep praying ... God has a plan for you ... you got way tooo many skills to use ...

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

I arrange mostly by ear, but this stuff is pretty easy. It's easier than I thought when I first blogged about it. I've got the piano music which is already in four parts, so I'm just splitting it up, putting the parts in the correct key and range for each instrument, doing up a score, and then if I feel inspired at all I mess around with the parts and try and colour them up a bit. That part is by ear. The rest is pretty easy. My favorite exams in school were arranging though - so easy to lose track of time doing that!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

Oh I didn't answer one of your questions Randell....transcribing by ear is doable. I much prefer a piano close by as a point of reference but that was a HUGE part of 1st year - lots of transcriptions. I enjoy it - sometimes it's tough but I love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home