Thursday, September 27, 2007

Changes

So I meant to blog last week and say that school was going well, and now I was going to Florida, along with Rich and Gary who were coming as chaperone's. We were looking forward to it but there was a bit of stress involved on all of our parts for different reasons. I found out Tuesday that I'm not going (and apparently that's for real this time). I don't really care anymore, I just want a definitive answer. There will be other trips, and I don't know if this one would have been the best one to make my "debut" on as a teacher.

I am sick. It sucks. I'm putting all my energy into fighting it off and so far it's working, but I'm exhausted. I'm in bed by 9:30 every night, often before, and my day usually includes a nap in the afternoon. To top it all off as of today I get a new class! This is great news, as it means at least for this semester I'm working full time. The third section is an LTO which means it's temporary, not permanent contract like my other two sections, but it's more work, more experience and more money, all of which are great. It's a grade 9 math, so now I'm teaching grade 10 music, grade 10 english, and grade 9 math, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd periods. It means during the 5 minute break between classes I am always running to another class. It's so busy. If I could change only one thing this year it would be to teach all my courses in one room. Oh well. I'm sure that will come.

Well off to school. Congratulations to all the babies and families with new babies! I wish I could visit but I don't want to get anyone sick!

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Natasha said...

sorry to hear that you are sick but glad to hear that you have the three classes now... did you get the movie thing all figured out?
Hope you feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home