Saturday, March 31, 2007

More birthday surprises.

So in the past Rich has attempted to surprise me for my birthday and has not succeeded. He normally gives hints that he thinks are no big deal but I figure out the whole surprise. This time, he did REALLY well. Jen picked me up just after noon and we left for Toronto. We chatted on the way there and one of the things we talked about was Rich's surprise attempts in the past. We got to the theater, and were heading for our seats. There were two people on the end of the row and we were the next two seats. I looked down at them and did a double take. One was Rich. He had got up at 5:30 in the morning and gone to work or so I thought. He actually went to his Mom's, then took a bus, train, and subway to the theater. Rich hates Toronto I was so proud of him.

The musical was incredible. Rich's favorite so far, and it was right up there for me. We left after picking up some souvenirs and got on the highway. After a bit of an adventurous drive we headed towards Montana's in Ancaster for dinner and a movie. We got to the restaurant and I saw our friend Susan from church. I said hi, and then looked to her left, and there was Melissa, a friend of ours. Then Darren...I realized they were there to eat with us - Rich had pulled off another surprise! So it ended up that I had a birthday dinner with Susan, Melissa, Darren, Kaelyn, Adrian, Carolyn, Jen, Karyn, Brendan, Jen and Sarah. Kevin was there when we got there and was sweet enough to try and get us a table, and then went to his other commitment.

Thank you to everyone, it was a great night. Thank you most of all to Rich. I love you, and you are the best present I've ever had.

6 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACI!!

Wish i could have been there! Stupid London!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

Stupid London! Wish you could have been here too!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Margie said...

Sorry I had to miss... I had the kids and no car:( And by the sounds of the wait for the table you would have all hated my kids by the end anyway:P

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jaci! I'm glad you had a fantastic day! Dick told me a little bit about his plans before hand, so I am glad he pulled it off! :)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Natasha said...

So glad to hear that you were surprised!!!!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Rachel Pede said...

whoo hooo.
glad your birthday was so wonderful!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home