Saturday, March 25, 2006

Long Week

This has been a long week. Last weekend Rich and I did lots of running around and then he got sick, then back to running around. Monday I worked, and was able to veg a bit that night. Tuesday I worked, then cadets, Wednesday work, loan stuff, discussion group, then home (where I watched 2.5 hrs of American Idol...not smart when working at 7:30am). Thursday was work, then dinner with a friend, Friday was work, then a birthday party. Today I am exhausted and I think I am getting laryngitis. My voice has been slowly giving out on me all week. Rich figures my alloted words for my lifetime have just been used up and I will now be mute.

It was an emotional week too. We were given an opportunity Wednesday night that was surprising and exciting but full of potential good and bad outcomes. So much discussing, debating, number crunching, praying, crying, more crying. It was exhausting as well. What a cool thing to have people who care enough to offer us big opportunities, and then when we realize it's not the best thing for us right now, aren't upset when we have to turn them down.

Today was good though. I got my glasses fixed, FINALLY got some contacts (I'd run out), did some shopping with my hubby, and was able to sleep in for a change. I might even have a nap tonight. The other cool thing about this weekend is it's the beginning of my vacation! I'm off work for a week and so looking forward to it!

Rich and I will be going window shopping and maybe real shopping for my birthday and that will be tons of fun. So looking forward to it!

Beside our bed on the night table is a little lamp. It's one of those lamps that you just touch to turn on and off. Now thankfully if you push something against them they don't turn on, it's only skin that seems to turn them on. Guess what else does at 3am? Puppy's noses. How annoying is that?! I still love her though.

Off to continue my vacation. Very sleepy. Have felt groggy all day. Rich bought me RENT and I'm going to lie down and watch all the special features! No day but today......

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you enjoy your week. It was good to see you on Sunday...
Nat

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Rachel Pede said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY(yesterday)
Hope I get to see you today to give you a huge birthday hug.
Glad I got to see you on Sunday.
Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home