Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I AM that girl.

So a woman calls in yesterday and says I was disconnected cause I didn't pay my bill. I said yup. She explains how she hasn't worked in a while so they have one income only, and that she was struggling to pay her VERY expensive bill. Now the bill wasn't a lot when you compare it to the ones I look at every day, but it was a bit much. She of course blamed the company. I explained how her bill did not need to be that high - she didn't NEED the extra $19 pack she had on there, she didn't NEED the internet as fast as it was. In less than a minute I showed her how she could retain almost everything she had and save $35/month. She didn't care. She wanted to know how to reconnect her services.

I explain how. She says I am mean and don't understand (don't care was more the correct term - I hear that so many times a day you start to not believe people). Anyway she yells and I wait till she's done and then ask if she wants me to reconnect her or not. She says no and slams down the phone. So I turn to some coworkers, tell them our little story, and take my next call.

About a half an hour later I get another call. Same woman. She explains that she wasn't very nice to the last rep she spoke to and she's been lying on the couch for 30 minutes feeling bad. She says the rep didn't understand her and she does owe her an apology but thinks she was lying to her. So she asks how to get reconnected. I give her the SAME info, in the same voice as the last time I spoke to her and at the end she say "you are so much nicer than that last girl and this info sounds right - I don't think she knew what she was doing". I said "ma'am, I AM that last girl".

Silence.

So funny. She then tried to back peddle with a bunch of excuses and apologies.

Can't wait till I'm teaching instead.

Another thing. I had a loan for my car. Paid off the loan (with another loan) to close out the account. I did this mid March. March 29th another withdrawl came out of my account to pay for my loan which was paid in full. I call the bank. Why did you take money? The girl says to me "did you tell us not to?". Ummm no, I figured cause I don't owe you you'd stop taking my money. Girl says "oh no, not until you tell us to stop". I said ok stop. She says "no you have to come in and tell us".

Good Lord.

Off to the bank to tell them to stop then off to work on paper work for school! I love filling out forms. I know I'm a nerd.

Oh and finally, Pop Shoppe Floats from Freeway rock. Brilliant idea.

3 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious.

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO??? Are you still alive??
Nat

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha, don't you love it when that happens. Funny thing is I don't tell them I am the same person when they call in a second time, don't really have the energy to get into it with them. I especially love it when they call in because there accts are disconnected, and they try to get services in another name but they still have the same telephone number.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home