Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Life no longer sucks!

Those of you who know me even a bit know that one of my main "life sucks" issues is my job. I really do not enjoy it. I am thankful for it, however I would love to just quit. Life no longer sucks because that is now a possibility!

I applied to a few schools to do my Bachelor of Education so I could actually do something with my music degree. I was 100% sure I would not get in. I worked full time while attending university full time, and worked part time on the side. Needless to say, my marks were not stellar. I've always loved teaching though and figured I'd regret it forever if I didn't at least try. So after getting rejected from my fall back schools on Monday (which prompted me to write life sucks as I could only see an endless career at the black hole that is my job), I was a bit down.

Today, my wonderful husband, checked online for me when I asked him to check the status of the other school I applied to. This was the one I figured would be the hardest to get in to. Took the most prep work and needed higher grades.

I got in! So starting September 2006 I will be enrolling at the University of Toronto to pursue my Bachelor of Education degree!!!!! When completed, I will be able to teach high school music and history and possibly more. I am so excited.

It will be stressful as far as finances and time with my hubby, but it's temporary. Nine months or so of school and with any luck by September 2007 I will be teaching, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there!

For all of you who were praying and keeping fingers crossed for me, thank you.

Off to bed to dream of producing high school productions of Spamalot!

5 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Rachel Pede said...

JACI!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M CHEERING FOR YOU!
Whoooo hoooooooooo
Let's try this teacher thing out okay? Ready?
"Excuse me Mrs. Robinson, can I go to the bathroom?"
Sooo..here's to you Mrs. Robinson!

I'm soo proud. :)
I'm glad that life doesn't suck and that you're on the way to pursuing a dream come true.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Carolynn said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again... yippee skippy... congratulations.

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

Responses to responses:

1. Wicked is the best
2. Yes Rachel you may go to the washroom when Erin gets back. I don't want the two of you socializing in the stalls!
3. Yeah yeah from me too Carolynn!
4. Thanks Erin I'm sure you are the best student ever!
5. Thanks Pernell...I think you should skip more often!
6. I am super excited Krista!
7. Gary. You are weird. I usually say good weird but this time I will leave it at weird. And there is no kid to be named at this point however I'll be sure to add bathroom and poo to my list of names, but what kind of a stupid name is Gary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home