Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Nursery and Long Weekends

I am off for the weekend and it's only Wednesday! I'm so excited! Rich and I actually have a full day off tomorrow together - that happens about 3 times a month - if we're lucky.

We did the nursery again on Sunday and it's so much fun. The kids are so good and way too freaking cute. This week we had Ethan, Eden, Zoe, Paige, Jacob, Madison, and even Chloe for a while.
Susan rescued us and stayed with Ethan for most of the night so we didn't have him for too long, but I think he's warming up to us!
Zoe is quite the little entertainer. She set up all the chairs for everyone and performed a puppet show that she'd written the script for, directed, and did all the parts! Barney and Minnie were the two protagonists and they were fabulous. She was also instrumental in cleaning up. I told the kids that once the puppets and books were picked up we could have snack. She said "ok let's go people" and made sure everyone was helping, and announced each item she was putting away. She is definitely going to be in show business someday.
Eden plopped herself on our laps whenever we sat down with a book - at one point I had four kids on my lap, and she was trying to be the fifth. It was so funny - she had a look of confidence like there is no way I am not going to get on this lap too.
Jacob was great at entertaining Eden when she wasn't reading - they played under the slide for quite a while. Every once and a while a voice would come out "I'm stuck.....no I'm not". He also invited everyone to come play at his house after church! Very hospitable!
Madi was hilarious. This was my first experience with Arnold. I've read a lot about her, but never actually watched it first hand. I called her Marnold for half the evening, and she'd remind me when I was wrong. She came over at one point and said she no longer wanted the barrett in her hair. It was a bobby pin and I offered to take it out. She said no she could do it. And she did. Not sure why I was informed about the process, but I was!
Paige always cracks me up. She is so sophisticated. Very well spoken and quite a handy girl in the kitchen. Rich has never eaten so well! We've had eggs, toast, cereal - Rich even had his first tea party the first time we did the nursery. She makes sure we are all eating well during nursery.
We both love all the kids, but Rich will tell you Chloe is his favorite. He is so happy to get Chloe time every week and Carolynn and Marshall are so accommodating when it comes to giving up their baby from time to time. We got Chloe part way through the evening, and she fussed a bit when Rich had her so of course he passed her off to me. I played with her and got her to smile and she was all good.
Then Rich LEFT ME and went to the washroom. I could not believe it. Now I know there were grownups around, but he LEFT ME ALL BY MYSELF with all these munchkins. I survived, but he did leave me.

We did have a great time though - all the kids are so good it's "almost" easy!

Now we're off to puppy school! So much easier than nursery!

3 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww....

That was fun to read! Aren't kids great? Love how all their personalities are each so distinct already!

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaci, you are guys are great with the kids. Thank you for loving them.

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids are great. And so are you!
Glad that you all had fun!
Nat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home