Friday, April 27, 2007

Week off and Job Searching

So Rich and I have been on vacation this week. I have another placement starting next week which runs until the end of May which will complete my program, but they give us a week off between classes and placement. Rich booked this week for vacation so we were hoping to have a fun week off. So far, other than a few people coming over, it's been pretty boring. Rich had a pretty painful MRI procedure on Tuesday which has prevented us from doing much, but we've relaxed a lot which is nice.

So now that school is almost done the job search begins. I had an interview on the 19th with the Niagara Board for their eligible to hire list. I got a letter Monday saying that I am on the list which is great. It doesn't mean I have a job, it just means as postings go up for that board I can apply to the principal's of the individual schools. I also should have an interview in Hamilton at some point at the last school I was at - the principal said he would sit down with me sometime in May, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed something works out!

I did get a job teaching ESL in June and July, but not sure what I'm doing from August on. There aren't a lot of jobs right now, keep hoping for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home