Thursday, July 26, 2007

Summer

So my summer is not turning out even remotely as planned. In May I was all geared up to work 20 between June and July from 9 - 4, and then spend the rest of my time doing prep for the fall and doing some little day trips with Rich - touring parts of Southern Ontario that are on my list to see.

This is not what happened at all. Instead of 9 - 4 with an hour lunch for 20 days, I am working anywhere from 8 to 5:30 pm, at least 7 hours a day (but usually more), with no breaks. NO BREAKS! How is that even legal? Anyway it's hard work, always having to be engaged and paying attention, no down time, and it's all for very little pay. That gets frustrating.

The upside of my job is I get to do some fun things - for example this week I got to go to the Jays game which was actually really good. So far this summer I've been to Ontario Place, African Lion Safari, the Jays game, Adventure Village at Confederation Park, and later this summer I'll be back at Ontario Place or the ROM, MarineLand and Wild Waterworks. So that has definitely helped break up my work weeks.

The worst part of the summer so far is Rich is still sick. After the fourth visit to the doctor they still don't know what is wrong. He coughs to the point of not breathing and is exhausted and in pain all the time. They think maybe whooping cough but because of a doc's mistake they can't test for it. So frustrating. He's off work until August 30th now. This is financially stressful for us which of course makes it harder for him to get better. We've had to back out of lots of fun things we had planned which is sad, and when we are off together Rich doesn't have the energy to do anything.

He's almost through all the movies we have here so if anyone has any they can lend us to help him with his stir craziness let us know! In the meantime, keep us in your thoughts and prayers, there are going to be some rough weeks ahead!

6 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger miranda said...

I am most defiantly thinking and praying. That is hard Jaci. A few years from now you'll be dining at swanky restaurants and being driven around in a limousine! ... well maybe not, but things WILL get better.

*thinking of you rich!*

also i have about 3 movies in my collection ... however i DO have a few seasons of Seinfeld if you are interested!??

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Margie said...

Ummmm the days after days of work without a break... "always having to be engaged and paying attention, no down time, and it's all for very little pay"...

that equals parenting!

:)

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever think, maybe your spoiled??? Some of us actually have to work for a living. God forbid someone like you would have to actually do 40 hours in a week.

Chew on this, maybe your husband "caught" something from his girlfriend that he has on the side !!! If I were you, I would consider having some of my own tests done at the doctor. One can never be too sure. God Bless.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Jaci said...

Miranda: thanks for praying for him! He hates Seinfeld (it's weird how much he hates it) otherwise I'd totally take you up on it!

Margie: It absolutely is like parenting - except with parenting the benefits outweigh all the crap (I hope!).

Anonymous: Yes I absolutely have been spoiled by my husband and blessed by God this past year in particular. I have no problem working my hours (I'd love to not HAVE to work for a living and just do the things I love, but who wouldn't?) I'd just like a break once and a while.

As for the accusations towards my husband, they are laughable to say the least. I hope someday you have a marriage strong enough that you can also laugh off accusations from those who may be angry or jealous(?) towards you for whatever reason.

I am not sure what either of us have done to you to make you so angry, however we will pray God removes that pain from your heart. I truly am sorry you seem to be so upset as it must be quite a burden to carry around this much hate with you.

As I haven't seen anything useful coming out of anonymous comments thus far, I've disabled that option. I don't want my blog to be a place for people to air their anger - my blog is for me, not for anyone else.

Oh and on your final point about not being sure - I can be sure, and so can anyone, with faith in God. God bless you as well.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Margie said...

OMG!!!

Jaci I never ment to be mean about this I was just teasing you!!! Hope I didn't hurt your feelings or send the wrong message!

Anonymous- get a life and don't say thigs like that unless you are willing to put your name and face to it! To end it with "God Bless"... low very low!!!!

Everyone is spoiled in some area of their lives!

Rich it is time for you to start liking Seinfeld!!! and hope you are felling better! (Seinfeld is known to make sick people better:) )

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger miranda said...

Jaci,

You are amazing and beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home