Sunday, June 17, 2007

Past week...

So today has been a sad day. Many of you know we have been praying for a paramedic that Rich worked with named Georgia. Georgia died this morning. She was 25 and had stage 4 lung cancer and had never smoked a day in her life. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family today. I know this will make for a difficult Father's Day in the years to come for her family.

I feel sort of bad sharing happy news in the same post, but I had a couple pieces of good news on Friday. Some of you know I am working for an exchange company in June and July and I started this week. So far it has been awful - not at all what we were told. The fantastic Susan managed to get me an interview with the city to work one on one with some Special Needs students. I had the interview and was hired Friday and I start June 26th. This means I won't have to do the July session with the company I am doing the contract for now. It means a lot more work this summer, which is a double edged sword. On one hand, it's more money. On the other hand I have no summer anymore.

The best piece of news I got on Friday was from the Principal of the school I'll be teaching at next year. He called to offer me another section which means I'll be teaching English next year as well as music, and I'm 1/3 of the way to a full time contract!

So the week has had it's ups and downs, but I'm reminded of how lucky I am to have Rich, my family, the friends I have, and although I'm a borderline hypochondriac, my health.

4 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Natasha said...

Sorry to hear about Georgia... praying for her and her family...

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Rich said...

Whether you agree with what I have to say or not, you will note that at least I have the conviction to put my name on what I have to say. Nor am I so cowardly as to attack someone through their spouse. Point of note, my facts were straight. There isn't one incorrect statement.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Jaci said...

I'm sure the debate on the First Nations people, their past, and their present state, will continue for ages, but it is NOT going to continue on my blog until such a time that I decide I wish to comment on it. My husband is a grown man who is entitled to his opinion and stands by it, and I, by him. If you knew him, you would also know he is more than happy to hear other's intelligent, and thoughtful comments on the subject and is always up for a lively debate - one where although disagreeing, respecting others opinions is emphasized. I've deleted your comment because your attempt to attack him through me is not only juvenile, but pathetic. Have the courage to stand by what you say - put your name and a way to contact you (through the blog world or otherwise) so that the debate can ensue in an adult manner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home